Does a job that gives you the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of others interest you? Crisis and Counseling Centers is seeking full or part-time Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselors (CADC) to join our substance use disorder treatment program.
Our programs have been recognized as a Center of Excellence for our practices and integrated treatment of co-occurring disorders. This is an excellent opportunity for a clinician that would like to broaden their experience working in a collaborative, multi-faceted clinical team environment.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Under the supervision of the SUD Program Manager, provide counseling services that require substance use disorder treatment services.
- Complete comprehensive client assessments, specific substance use evaluations, and/or treatment, or other services as specifically required.
- Recognize client risk factors to ensure any needed interventions and services are effective from the initial stages through case closure.
- Attend and utilize supervision to support effective treatment.
- Maintain accurate and complete clinical records, prepared in a timely manner, in compliance with the licensing, agency and program-specific requirements.
- Attend to the presence of co-occurring disorders through screening, referral and/or motivational intervention within their individual scope of practice and competence.
- Collaborate effectively with other substance use disorder, mental health, crisis service and psychiatric service providers as appropriate to their program and role in that program.
- Participate in inter-program or inter-agency consultation as directed by their supervisor(s) in the interest of providing best practice integrated co-occurring services.
- CADC licensure required.
- 1-2 years of experience working with clients with substance use or co-occurring disorders preferred.
- Experience in providing various modalities of treatment such as 1:1, group, or as part of an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) service preferred.
- Flexibility with hours and scheduling in order to meet client needs.
- Interest in pursuing an LADC preferred.
In order to mitigate risk of Covid-19 coming into our facility and to ensure the safety of our clients and staff, the Covid-19 vaccination is required for this position.
Hours for this position will fall generally between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm, but flexibility is required.
We offer Substance Use Disorder services in Augusta, Rockland, and Skowhegan. This position will be based primarily in our Rockland office. Occasional travel to our Augusta and Skowhegan offices may be required.
Crisis & Counseling Centers offers a generous benefit package and competitive salary for full-time employees in a supportive and team oriented work environment.
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- 10 paid holidays
- 401K plan
- Additional life and long-term disability
- Dental insurance available
- Earned Time starting at 4+ weeks per year!
Crisis and Counseling is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.