Want to make a difference, while having flexibility, variety and purpose in your career? Join our agency in supporting the community!
Case managers work with a variety of populations, who may be experiencing substance abuse, behavioral health or intellectual challenges in their life. The case manager will be helping clients to link with necessary resources and provide coordination of care and help to meet their individual goals.
- Detail-oriented with good organizational and time management skills.
- Manage multiple priorities and tasks, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate good problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Work effectively on a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to assess situations for personal and consumer safety.
- Respond effectively in crisis situations.
- Ability to manage stressful situations.
- Ability to work effectively with community referral sources and caretakers.
- Experience working with adults diagnosed with substance use disorders.
- Understanding of the peer model and peer roles in transitioning consumers to natural supports.
- Familiarity with psychotropic medication usage and monitoring its use.
- Proficient with the use of a computer and job-specific software applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or in an unrelated field with a minimum of one year related experience required.
- LADC preferred; willingness to pursue CADC and/or LADC credential required.
- Willingness to seek MHRT-C credential.
- Lived experience preferred.
Pay rate: These are full-time hourly positions. Pay ranges from $16/hr to $18.50/hr DOE. Travel is required and mileage is reimbursable.
We offer a generous benefit package and competitive salary for full-time employees in a supportive and team oriented work environment. Benefits include:
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- 10 paid holidays
- 401K plan
- Additional life and long-term disability
- Dental insurance available
- Agency issued cellphones and laptops
- Earned Time starting at 4+ weeks per year!
Crisis and Counseling is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.