Want to make a difference, while having flexibility, variety and purpose in your career? Join our agency and help support the community!
Crisis & Counseling Centers is the sole provider of crisis services to residents of Kennebec and Somerset counties. We strive to respond to crisis calls by meeting with people in their homes or in the community. Crisis Services are available to anyone, at any time. People will use crisis services for a number of reasons such as thoughts of suicide, injuring themselves or others, experiencing feelings of depression, hopelessness, grief, lack of control, or substance use issues and concerns.
The Crisis Phone Specialist is a mental health emergency responder, who provides phone support and intervention to adults and children experiencing a crisis event. They connect clients to resources and conduct risk screenings to determine appropriate crisis response. Workers are trained to provide risk-screening, phone support and facilitation of further intervention for clients in need of crisis services.
Workers must qualify to be credentialed at a MHRT-CSP level (must have a minimum of an associate’s degree and be able to successfully complete a 3 week paid training, which is a combination of class time and job shadowing/hands on experience).
State of Maine Covid-19 Vaccination Mandate:
This position must comply with Governor Mills’ Covid-19 vaccination mandate for all health care employees. Crisis Phone Specialists at the Crisis and Counseling Center must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, unless the employee receives a medical exemption, prior to employment.
The ideal candidate would:
- Have a MHRT-CSP and experience working in mobile crisis (preferred, but not required).
- Have experience working with individuals with mental illness (preferred, but not required).
- Be able to effectively communicate and build rapport with clients.
- Maintain clear boundaries with clients.
- Have experience working within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance, and clean driving record.
- Have the ability to transport clients when needed.
This is an hourly position and the pay starts at $17.25/hour.
We are a 24 hour agency, we have day, evening, and overnight hours available. Weekend work will be required.
We offer a generous benefit package and competitive salary for full-time employees in a supportive and team oriented work environment.
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- 10 paid holidays
- 401K plan
- Additional life and long-term disability
- Dental insurance available
- Earned Time starting at 4+ weeks per year!
Crisis and Counseling is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.