Want to make a difference, while having flexibility, variety and purpose in your career? Join our agency and help support the community!
Crisis & Counseling Centers is the sole provider of crisis services to residents of Kennebec and Somerset counties. We strive to respond to crisis calls by meeting with people in their homes or in the community. Crisis Services are available to anyone, at any time. People will use crisis services for a number of reasons such as thoughts of suicide, injuring themselves or others, experiencing feelings of depression, hopelessness, grief, lack of control, or substance use issues and concerns.
The Crisis Worker is a mental health emergency responder, who provides support and intervention to adults and children experiencing a crisis event. They connect clients to resources and conduct risk assessments to determine appropriate level of care needed moving forward. Workers are trained to provide risk-assessment and intervention for clients in locations including, but not limited to, the client’s home, correctional facilities, school and other community services sites, and Emergency Departments.
Workers must qualify to be credentialed at a MHRT-CSP level (must have a minimum of an associate’s degree and be able to successfully complete an 8-12 week paid training, which is a combination of class time and job shadowing/hands on experience).
State of Maine Covid-19 Vaccination Mandate:
This position must comply with Governor Mills’ Covid-19 vaccination mandate for all health care employees. Crisis Workers at the Crisis and Counseling Center must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, unless the employee receives a medical exemption, prior to employment.
The ideal candidate would:
- Have a MHRT-CSP and experience working in mobile crisis (preferred, but not required).
- Have experience working with individuals with mental illness (preferred, but not required).
- Be able to effectively communicate and build rapport with clients.
- Maintain clear boundaries with clients.
- Have experience working within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance, and clean driving record.
- Associate’s degree in Social Services related field required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Services related field preferred.
- MHRT/CSP (preferred, but not required. We will train the right candidate upon hire)
- Individuals with lived experience in the Mental Health and/or Substance Use Disorder system are encouraged to apply.
- In order to be considered for this position, please submit an application, resume, and cover letter.
- Full, part-time, and per diem positions available.
- We provide 24/7 support, therefore this position requires weekend and holiday shifts.
- Currently hiring for daytime, afternoon, evening, and overnight shifts.
We offer a generous benefit package and competitive salary for full-time employees in a supportive and team oriented work environment.
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- 10 paid holidays
- 401K plan
- Additional life and long-term disability
- Dental insurance available
- Earned Time starting at 4+ weeks per year!
- Shift differentials offered for 2nd shift, 3rd shift and weekend shifts.
Crisis and Counseling is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.