Crisis and Counseling Centers is seeking a dynamic individual to fill our Custodian role. This position will be responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working environment for all staff and visitors. This position is also responsible for identifying and reporting on facility needs at all agency sites.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- General custodial duties including cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms; mopping, washing, buffing and vacuuming floors; dusting, cleaning and polishing fixtures; cleaning windows and blinds; emptying trash and removing recycling materials.
- Stain removal from carpets, drapes, walls, etc.
- Track needs of janitor supplies and equipment order accordingly.
- Establish relationships with vendors and secure pricing on supplies and equipment.
- Property maintenance including mowing lawns and maintaining outside walk areas including sweeping debris and washing walkways, removing snow/ice, and other incidental seasonal tasks.
- Move cabinets, boxes, furniture, crates and equipment.
- Comply with safety manual and other safety materials and guidelines.
- Complete and documents monthly Safety/Maintenance checklist at all facilities including testing panic buttons and coordinating fire drills.
- Participate in agency Safety Committee.
- Schedule estimates with outside contractors performing maintenance/capital improvements.
- Maintain good working relationships with agency vendors and the public.
- Assist maintenance person as needed.
- This is a full-time, hourly non-exempt position; Monday through Friday, 6:00am – 2:00pm, or as need is identified.
- May include occasional weekend coverage for special projects.
- High School diploma or GED
- Maintenance experience
- Knowledge of proper safety practices, procedures, and regulations applicable to work being performed.
The ideal candidate would:
- Have the ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with a great attitude.
- Pay attention to detail, be trustworthy and be dependable.
- Have a solid work ethic.
- Have the ability to work independently with excellent time management skills.
- Show initiative, use sound judgement, problem solve, and organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills, able to utilize current technology to communicate efficiently via text or email.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs using proper lifting techniques.
In order to mitigate risk of Covid-19 coming into our facility and to ensure the safety of our clients and staff, the Covid-19 vaccination is required for this position.
This position will be based primarily in our Augusta office. Travel to other C&C offices will be required.
We offer a generous benefit package and competitive salary for full-time employees in a supportive and team oriented work environment.
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- 10 paid holidays
- 401K plan
- Additional life and long-term disability
- Dental insurance available
- Earned Time starting at 4+ weeks per year!
Crisis and Counseling is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.