Crisis and Counseling Centers is hiring an OPTIONS Liaison for Somerset County. The Overdose Prevention Through Intensive Outreach Naloxone and Safety (OPTIONS) initiative is a coordinated effort of the Maine Office of Behavioral Health (OBH) and other state agencies to improve the health of Mainers using substances through harm reduction strategies, helping them on the road to recovery, and dramatically reducing the number of fatal and non-fatal drug overdoses.
These are new positions that will work directly with Somerset police departments. This position is part of a program aimed to work with local law enforcement agencies to provide Opioid Use Disorder/Substance Use Disorder overdose response assessments. This position will utilize low barrier interventions and behavioral health crisis de-escalation and support to provide the appropriate level of care in the least restrictive setting. In addition, this position will assist with system navigation as well as provide short-term counseling interventions.
- Detail-oriented with good organizational and time management skills.
- Manage multiple priorities and tasks, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate good problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Work effectively on a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to assess situations for personal and consumer safety.
- Respond effectively in crisis situations.
- Ability to manage stressful situations.
- Ability to work effectively with community referral sources and caretakers.
- Experience working with adults diagnosed with substance use disorders.
- Understanding of the peer model and peer roles in transitioning consumers to natural supports.
- Familiarity with psychotropic medication usage and monitoring its use.
- Proficient with the use of a computer and job-specific software applications
Must be eligible for minimum CADC licensure. LCSW, LCPC, or LADC preferred. Conditional licensure considered.
- Willingness to seek MHRT-C credential.
- Travel is required/mileage reimbursement
We offer a generous benefit package and competitive salary for full-time employees in a supportive and team oriented work environment.
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- 10 paid holidays
- 401K plan
- Additional life and long-term disability
- Dental insurance available
- Agency issued cellphones and laptops
- Earned Time starting at 4+ weeks per year!
These are full-time non-exempt positions. Pay starts at $19/hr.
To apply, please submit a cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications along with a current resume.
Crisis and Counseling is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.