Crisis and Counseling Centers is currently seeking an experienced, independently Licensed Clinical Social Worker or a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor to be part of our dynamic outpatient clinical team.
The main function of this position is to provide individual and/or group counseling services. Professionals, depending on their level of licensure, will provide these services within their scope of practice as determined by the Professional Licensure Board. A State of Maine licensed clinician supervises the MH Clinician.
- Provision of counseling services in the outpatient clinic;
- Sustaining a caseload that supports direct client contact;
- Completing comprehensive client assessments and develop treatment plans;
- Preserving quality services by attention to client risk factors and ensure any needed intervention, utilization of supervision to support effective treatment, and maintaining effective services from the initial stages through case closure;
- Discussing service expectations with clients to support understanding of the change process;
- Maintaining accurate and complete clinical records, prepared in a timely manner;
- Participating in individual or group supervision. In addition, program or agency-wide staff meetings are required;
- Provision of training, when requested;
- Ongoing effort to enhance and improve job related agency services and systems;
- Consistently maintain a professional and positive attitude and image when representing Crisis & Counseling.
Successful candidates should have the ability to document within an electronic record, and work effectively within a multi-disciplinary clinical team. Dually credentialed or eligible to provide co-occurring, mental health and substance use disorder treatment is helpful.
EDUCATION: Master’s degree in Counseling, Social Work or related field and Maine state licensure. Conditional licenses will be considered.
Crisis and Counseling Centers offers an impressive benefit package, a competitive salary and a dynamic, collaborative work environment. Benefits include health insurance, life insurance, short term disability, Flexible Spending Account, generous paid personal leave, 10 paid holidays and a 401k plan.