Crisis & Counseling Centers is a collaborative and comprehensive behavioral health agency operating in Central Maine. Since its founding 52 years ago, Crisis & Counseling Centers has become one of the most trusted behavioral health agencies in Maine, with approximately 120 employees located across several facilities and numerous community-based settings statewide.
We are currently seeking a collaborative and qualified Licensed Clinical Social Worker or a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor to be part of our dynamic outpatient clinical team.
The primary role of the Mental Health Clinician is to provide short-term, brief interventions (6 – 8 weeks in duration) to individuals seeking treatment for their urgent mental health concerns. The Mental Health Clinician will provide treatment in telehealth and face-to-face settings. Depending on licensure level, professionals will provide these services within the scope of practice determined by the Professional Licensure Board.
The ideal candidate would:
- Sustain a caseload that supports direct client contact.
- Complete comprehensive client assessments and develop treatment plans.
- Provide quality services by paying attention to client risk factors.
- Utilize supervision to support effective treatment, and maintain effective services from the initial stages through case closure.
- Discuss service expectations with clients to support understanding of the change process.
- Maintain accurate and complete clinical records, prepared in a timely manner.
- Participate in individual or group supervision.
- Consistently maintain a professional and positive attitude and image when representing the agency.
- Document within an electronic record, and work effectively within a multi-disciplinary clinical team.
- Master’s degree in Counseling, Social Work or related field with state licensure. Conditional licenses will be considered.
- Dually credentialed or eligible to provide co-occurring, mental health and substance use treatment preferred, but not required.
In order to mitigate risk of Covid-19 coming into our facility and to ensure the safety of our clients and staff, the Covid-19 vaccination is required for this position.
This is a full or part-time, non-exempt position. Hours are flexible, Monday-Friday.
We offer our outpatient services in Augusta and Skowhegan. This position will be based out of our Augusta office. Travel to our other locations may be required. Telehealth and remote work is available.
Pay starts at $25/hour.
We offer a generous benefit package and competitive salary for full-time employees in a supportive and team oriented work environment.
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- 10 paid holidays
- 401K plan
- Additional life and long-term disability
- Dental insurance available
- Agency issued laptops and a monthly stipend for cell phones
- Earned Time starting at 4+ weeks per year!
- Paid supervision
To apply, please submit a cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications along with a current resume.
Crisis and Counseling is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.