Crisis & Counseling Centers is a collaborative and comprehensive behavioral health agency in Central Maine. Since its founding 52 years ago, Crisis & Counseling Centers has become one of the most trusted behavioral health agencies in Maine, with approximately 120 employees located across several facilities and numerous community-based settings statewide.
We seek a dynamic Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor to join our outpatient clinical team in this new role of Open Access Clinician.
As a Per-Diem/Fee-for-Service Open Access Clinician, you have the flexibility to set your schedule! The primary role of the Open Access Clinician is to provide short-term, brief interventions (6 – 8 weeks in duration) to individuals seeking treatment for their urgent mental health concerns. The Open Access Clinician will provide treatment in telehealth and face-to-face settings. Depending on licensure level, professionals will provide these services within the scope of practice determined by the Professional Licensure Board.
The ideal candidate would:
- Sustain a caseload that supports direct client contact.
- Complete comprehensive client assessments and develop treatment plans.
- Provide quality services by paying attention to client risk factors.
- Utilize supervision to support meaningful treatment and maintain effective services from the initial stages through case closure.
- Discuss service expectations with clients to support understanding of the change process.
- Maintain accurate and complete clinical records, prepared in a timely manner.
- Participate in individual or group supervision.
- Consistently maintain a professional and positive attitude and image when representing the agency.
- Document within an electronic record and work effectively within a multi-disciplinary clinical team.
- Master’s degree in Counseling, Social Work, or related field with state licensure. Conditional licenses will be considered.
- Dually credentialed or eligible to provide co-occurring mental health and substance use treatment preferred but not required.
To mitigate the risk of Covid-19 coming into our facility and to ensure the safety of our clients and staff, the Covid-19 vaccination is required for this position.
This is a per-diem, non-exempt position requiring 15 – 20 hours of service delivery per week. Flexible schedule, Monday-Friday.
We offer outpatient services in Augusta and Skowhegan. This position will be based out of our Augusta office. Telehealth and remote work is available.
Pay is $45/hour.
- Agency issued laptops and a monthly stipend for cell phone use
- 1 hour of earned time per 40 hours worked
- Paid supervision
To apply, please submit a cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications along with a current resume.
Crisis and Counseling is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.