Crisis & Counseling Centers is a collaborative and comprehensive behavioral health agency operating in Central Maine. Since its founding 52 years ago, Crisis & Counseling Centers has become one of the most trusted behavioral health agencies in Maine, with approximately 120 employees located across several facilities and numerous community-based settings statewide.
We are seeking an Open Access Coordinator to provide initial screening for clients presenting to Open Access for support for their urgent mental health or substance use disorder needs. This position is responsible for assessing needs by gathering information from the client to determine the level of care best suited to meet their needs. The Open Access Coordinator will explain all appropriate service options so the client can make an informed decision when choosing services. Exemplary customer service skills are essential for this role as the Open Access Coordinator interfaces with multiple care teams throughout the agency, engages with external referral partners, and will be the face of the agency and the first point of contact for clients seeking care.
- Possess an adequate understanding of mental illness, mental health, substance use, and co-occurring disorders to provide face-to-face and phone screening to individuals seeking immediate mental health and substance use services.
- Be able to work collaboratively with the Crisis Mobile Triage team and with Crisis managers and providers.
- Be able to conduct referrals and connect clients to outpatient services.
- Be able to explain all appropriate service options so that clients can make informed decisions on how to best move forward with connection to services.
- Be detailed-oriented with good organizational and time management skills.
- Act in a professional, ethical, and respectful manner.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize for optimal responsiveness to client care.
- Complete documentation within the Electronic Health Record by the end of the shift.
- Follow and complete all other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Must be eligible to receive MHRT CSP certification
In order to mitigate risk of Covid-19 coming into our facility and to ensure the safety of our clients and staff, the Covid-19 vaccination is required for this position.
This is a full time (40 hours/week) non-exempt position. Hours are 8:00am-5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, or as needs of the program require.
This position will be located at our main office in Augusta, ME.
Pay starts at $19/hour.
We offer a generous benefit package and competitive salary for full-time employees in a supportive and team oriented work environment.
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- 10 paid holidays
- 401K plan
- Additional life and long-term disability
- Dental insurance available
- Earned Time starting at 4+ weeks per year!
To apply, please submit a current resume.
Crisis and Counseling is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.