Does a job that gives you the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of others interest you? Crisis and Counseling Centers is growing and seeking Residential Crisis Workers to work in our Augusta, Waterville, and Winslow Crisis Stabilization Units.
Residential Crisis Workers support adults and children who have experienced a mental health crisis. Clients are referred to the Crisis Stabilization Unit because of safety concerns, or an inability to cope with symptoms of a mental illness or a traumatic life event. Our residential houses are used for short term stays, as an alternative to hospitalization. Staff help clients develop new coping and daily living skills that allow them to return to their home and community.
Crisis Residential workers provide risk assessments, treatment planning, support groups, and coordinate services for discharge planning. In addition, staff are responsible for maintaining a therapeutic environment while protecting client confidentiality and rights.
Day Shift: 8:00am to 4:00pm
Evening Shift: 4:00pm to 12:00am
Overnight Shift- 12:00am to 8:00am
The ideal candidate would:
- Have experience in a residential setting (preferred, but not required).
- Have experience working with individuals with mental illness.
- Be able to effectively communicate and build rapport with clients.
- Maintain clear boundaries with clients.
- Have experience working within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Have a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance.
- Associates degree in Social Services related field preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- MHRT I or MHRT C certified (preferred, but not required)
- Have an active CRMA (preferred, but not required- MHRT-I Training will be provided to qualified candidates within the first year of hire, including CRMA, CPR, First Aid, MANDT, and Mental Health Support Specialist (MHSS) Training).
- In order to be considered for this position, please submit an application and resume.
We offer a generous benefit package and competitive salary for full-time employees in a supportive and team oriented work environment.
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- 10 paid holidays
- 401K plan
- Additional life and long-term disability
- Dental insurance available
- Earned Time starting at 4+ weeks per year!
Crisis and Counseling is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.