Want to make a difference, while having flexibility, variety and purpose in your career? Join our agency in supporting the community! Crisis & Counseling Centers is looking for a dynamic individual to fill the position of Crisis Outreach Staff. Crisis Outreach coordinates and provides quality crisis aftercare support services. This includes referrals and risk assessments as well as crisis coordination as needed. This position will work directly with our Crisis Department and covers Kennebec and Somerset counties. This is a full time, non-exempt position that will work between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm, Monday –Friday. Flexibility for both evening and weekend work is required.
Specific program duties include:
- Process referrals by establishing client admission into Outreach Services as soon as possible.
- Coordinate face-to-face or phone support appointments, with a good faith effort to utilize the full 30-day window to provide as much support as needed during this time-frame.
- Maintain updated knowledge of community resources and referral processes/criteria.
- Complete all documentation of client contact within 24 hours of service provided.
- Manage time efficiently with an understanding of client need and eligibility for Outreach services within 30 days following a crisis episode.
- Create and maintain positive relationships with other providers and community partners.
- Provide crisis intervention/risk assessment as clinically indicated.
- Coordinate with Triage Team Leader as needed for clinical consultation.
- Assess with Triage phone and assessment needs as advised by a supervisor.
- Attend 4 hours of clinical supervision monthly.
- Travel is required.
Experience working with populations of consumers of all ages and needs. All Mobile/Triage Crisis Workers will complete the Maine Crisis Network’s Crisis Training Curriculum which will be provided during the first six weeks of hire. Upon successful completion, workers will receive the MHRT/Crisis Service Provider (CSP) certification.
Education Requirements: Minimum of an Associate’s degree in a social service field.
Pay: $16.00 – $18.50 per hour depending on experience.
Benefits: We offer a generous benefit package and competitive salary for full-time employees in a supportive and team oriented work environment. Benefits include:
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- 10 paid holidays
- 401K plan
- Additional life and long-term disability
- Dental insurance available
- Earned Time starting at 4+ weeks per year!
To apply please click the apply button to submit a cover letter and updated resume detailing your experience and qualifications.
Crisis and Counseling is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. EOE