Crisis & Counseling Centers is a collaborative and comprehensive behavioral health agency operating in Central Maine. Since its founding 52 years ago, Crisis & Counseling Centers has become one of the most trusted behavioral health agencies in Maine, with approximately 120 employees located across several facilities and numerous community-based settings statewide.
We are currently seeking Residential Crisis Workers to work in our Augusta, Waterville, and Winslow Crisis Stabilization Units. Residential Crisis Workers support adults and children who have experienced a mental health crisis. Clients are referred to the Crisis Stabilization Unit because of safety concerns, or an inability to cope with symptoms of a mental illness or a traumatic life event. Our residential houses are used for short term stays, as an alternative to hospitalization. Staff help clients develop new coping and daily living skills that allow them to return to their home and community.
Residential Crisis Workers provide risk assessments, treatment planning, support groups, and coordinate services for discharge planning. In addition, staff are responsible for maintaining a therapeutic environment while protecting client confidentiality and rights.
The ideal candidate would:
- Work as part of a treatment team to assist clients in developing their individual service plans for their stay in the CSU.
- Be able to effectively communicate and build rapport with clients.
- Assess risk with Residential Team Leader.
- Participate in individual and group supervision.
- Maintain clear boundaries with clients.
- Have a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
- MHRT-1 certification (provided within 1 year of hire date).
- Experience working with individuals with mental illness is preferred, but not required.
- Experience working within a multi-disciplinary team.
In order to mitigate risk of Covid-19 coming into our facility and to ensure the safety of our clients and staff, the Covid-19 vaccination is required for this position.
This is a full or part time, non-exempt position.
Hours for this position are for our evening shift (4pm-12am).
Crisis is a 24/7 service, therefore flexibility for weekend and holiday work is required
We have stabilization units in Augusta, Waterville, and Winslow. Flexibility to travel between sites is required.
Pay starts at $15.50/hour. Shift differentials for 2nd, 3rd, and weekend shifts can increase your base pay $1-$3/hour.
We offer a generous benefit package and competitive salary for full-time employees in a supportive and team oriented work environment.
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- 10 paid holidays
- 401K plan
- Additional life and long-term disability
- Dental insurance available
- Earned Time starting at 4+ weeks per year!
- Paid training to receive a MHRT-I will be provided to qualified candidates within the first year of hire, (including CRMA, CPR, First Aid, MANDT, and Mental Health Support Specialist Training)
- Pay increase once full MHRT/1 is received
- Paid supervision
To apply, please submit a current resume.
Crisis and Counseling is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.